Congratulations - you can now model, ingest, and query data in Hydrolix! Now for next steps…
In a getting started document, we are hardly going to do justice to every possible topic a team will need for a production workload, so here are some useful topics to go deeper into should you have the time.
- Using vector.dev to stream in data.
- Using fluentd or fluentbit to stream in data
- Kafka and Kinesis to stream data
- Getting really good with SQL especially for reporting and dashboards
- Diving deeper into transforms which are quite rich in functionality
- Security - a lot is turned off by default - Hydrolix can be locked down by authentication, authorization, and policy
- Leveraging summary tables to run real-time analytics on the massive data you are ingesting
- Dictionaries to efficiently lookup reference data in memory during ingest and query using SQL.
- The API’s - learn how to build and work with all the Hydrolix objects exposed - tables, projects, ingest data, queryable data, and dictionaries to name a few. Folks who like to automate love working with our API which is quite capable!
- Tuning tables, stream settings, and cluster settings to make best use of hardware.
- Troubleshooting the cluster.
Updated 3 months ago