- Belongs to an Organization
- Organizes related data together, like a “database” in an RDBMS
- Contains one or more tables
- Has configuration attributes like users, roles, read and write access, etc…
- Needs to be referenced when ingesting and querying.
For example, in an organization you could have three different Projects, “Systems Monitoring”, “Stock Trading”, and “IOT” for 3 different sets of unrelated data. They can all co-exist in the same deployment.
Projects can be managed via the web user interface or the Project API.
An example of creating a project can be found in the quickstart.